In the meantime, here's a simple to prepare but rather gourmet lunch idea. I don't think I can get away with calling it a recipe, and it requires quite a few processed ingredients, but it's an awesome combination that I've had for lunch several times in the last few weeks, and it makes me oh so happy. You could do this as a sandwich instead of as a bagel, but having eaten it both ways, the bagel tastes way, way better.
Cranberry "turkey" bagelServes: 1
- 1 relatively plain bagel - seeds are ok, but don't go for any strong flavourings
- Vegan cream cheese such as Tofutti
- Cranberry sauce
- Mock deli meat - I've been using these, available at Woolies and probably Coles
- Salad leaves
- Halve your bagel, and spread Tofutti on one half, and cranberry sauce on the other
- Put 2-3 slices of deli "meat" on the cranberry side, top with some sliced avocado and lettuce, then but the lid on.
- Stuff into your face and enjoy escaping, for a time, from the thousands of words you're supposed to be writing.